Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Back to the Chateau...

So today I went back up to the chateau de Nice.  Only to realize, that when Madame Norris took us we went up the easy back way. Lets just say that by the time we got to the top my feet was hurting me to the point that I had to do something. 


Yeah... It was bad.

Since I had gone up before I was able to see things that I might have missed out on earlier. Like the Israelite cemetery.  



It's always a shock to my system when I come across memorials for World War II. For the simple reason, that I don't have easy access to any around me.  Here in Nice, not only are there memorials, but they still have ceremonies to honor those who died protecting France during WWII.

Since I doing my research on the chateau, I was very excited when I came across an old gate.


I thought it was so pretty and it looked like it had been apart of something at one time.  

Going back to the Chateau was very fun and interesting.  I saw lot of random things, like a tai chi class for example. It was an interesting way to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment